Saturday, April 05, 2008

What are you afraid of?

Joni Ames is a woman of God who walks by faith. I hope her poem blesses you as much as it blessed me.



WHY ARE YOU AFRAID?
by Joni Ames

You've been through worse than this before
So why are you afraid?
There's not a thing above My Love
That anyone has made

My love for you is strong and true
And it will never die
I died to make sure of that fact
For I would never lie

I say, "ALL things are possible"
Do you not know that's true?
I say there's nothing that means more
Than what I say of you!

Who told you, "You are naked now?"
Who told you, "You will loose?"
Who told you, "You don't have a prayer?"
Who caused for you these blues?

The desert that you're walking in
Will soon come to an end
And you will find me waiting there -
For I am your Best Friend!

Upon My Arm, I'll lead you out
For you can lean on Me
And I will show to you the path
On which you need to be

So do not fear or worry now
As I lift up your head
My glory covers everything
You've nothing you need dread

The enemy has lied to you
To try to make you stop
Don't let his lies discourage you
For I've called you on top

Come on up here, and watch with Me
You'll see My Glory fall
And as it does, there's victory
For My Love won it all

Hold tightly to My Hand today
As I hold tight to you
Remember I Am on your side
And what I say is true!

See that sword above your head?
Now grab in your hand
For with it battles will be won
And I'll redeem your land

What once was held above your head
Is yours for victory
To testify of My Great Love
And how I set you free

Don't be afraid, or in despair
Rejoice in Me, Rejoice!
For this day I've begotten you
And given back your voice

Use your voice, and shout for joy
And hear these words I say
For I'm the one who changes things
And brings a brand new day

Take off the old, put on the new
Do not look at the past
Behold, all things are new for you
With peace and joy to last!

Penned by Joni Ames Tue, April 1, 2008

If you'd like to see more of Joni's work visit

http://www.joniames.com/

No comments: