Friday, March 27, 2009

How Much Does God Love You?

Al Thomas: God Says, "You are Greatly Loved, More than You Could Ever Comprehend"

Al Thomas heard a powerful message on the Kingdom of God. The Holy Spirit began to speak to Him and he felt compelled to seek the Father concerning some of the revelation he had just heard. This is what God told him.

God said: "Many of My people are in bondage thinking (falsely) that they are failing Me. They pray, read My Word, etc., yet as the years roll on, discouragement rears its head, then guilt and shame become more than acquaintances, not to mention the harassment of the devil's condemnation. I have some powerful keys for My sheep to avoid this snare."

God Said: "Instead of Thinking You are Failing, Dwell on How Much I Love You"

"This is a truth that must be grasped by all of My children or they will never be able to truly be free. It saddens Me that many of My children say, 'God loves me,' but haven't truly accepted it. When you know you are loved by Me, there is a great freedom, a joy, and a sense of 'No matter what happens to me, I will be OK.' My Son did not say the truth will set you free. He said, 'You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free' John 8:32.

"You are greatly loved, more so than you could ever comprehend. Each of My children will enter their mansion (John 14:2) accepted in the Beloved (Ephesians 1:6). I have received you as a son/daughter, period. Stop looking at your imperfections and study My Word to see how much I love you (Romans 8:35-39). I think of you affectionately every day."

God Said: "Dwell on the Revelation that I Loved You First"

"There is this strong undercurrent in much of My Church that if you don't please Me in all that you do, then (you feel) in some way I simply don't love you like you think I would (because you had some kind of failure). Be careful, I am not saying you shouldn't be obedient or submit to Me and crucify your flesh. But, the work of sanctification is an ongoing process (2 Corinthians 3:17-18; Ephesians 5:26).

Yet no matter how much you do or not do for Me, I will love you the same —unequivocally. That doesn't mean you should be lazy, but who of you completely measures up? None of you, but that is why My Son came to die for you (Philippians 3:12)."

God Said: "The Devil Wants You to Think I Don't Completely Love You"

"Did you know that the devil can get you to think of a certain Scripture...to fool you? He tried it with My Son (Matthew 4:5-6), so he will try it with you. One of the Scriptures that he uses to condemn many of you is Revelation 2:4: "Nevertheless I have something against you, because thou hast left thy first love."

"In the two verses before this one, My Son highly compliments the Church for good works, patience, not putting up with evil people and for being strong and not fainting. But (and here is the truth many miss), you can work hard, be long suffering, resist evil, etc., and still miss the depth of My love for you. You see, I am not saying the fault is because you don't love me enough...My Son is saying, 'You don't know (or have forgotten) how much I love you!' He loves you first...and that is the first love! (1 John 4:19)."

God Said: "Dwell on My Son Being Your Husband, Not a Legalistic Tyrant"

"My prophet Hosea said, 'Therefore, behold, I will allure her, bring her into the wilderness and speak kindly to her. Then I will give her vineyards from there, and the valley of Achor as a door of hope. And she will sing there as in the days of her youth, as in the day when she came up from the land of Egypt. "It will come about in that day," declares the LORD, "that you will call Me husband, and will no longer call Me Baali (Master)"' (Hosea 2:14-16).

"Above all, My Son Jesus longs to be your Lover. Once you know you are loved, a great weight will be lifted, and then no matter what happens, you will always be convinced that I love you madly. Child, I will continue to love you. As you digest this great truth, then you will truly start to enter freedom and joy. You belong to Me and My Son, and we love you dearly. I loved you first. You will never be able to love Me more than I love you. So, just accept it. Once you do, you will automatically want to love Me back."

God Said: "Stop Feeling Guilty for Not Spending Quality Time with Me"

"Don't misunderstand; of course I want you to spend time with Me. But many think I am mad at them. So many of My children have simply forgotten how much I dearly love them. Instead of feeling guilty for not loving Me enough, firmly grasp how much I love you. Yes, some have distanced themselves from Me because of offences and false brethren, but they misunderstand that I have never stopped loving them (although My heart breaks and longs for them to return to Me).

"My greatest wish is for My children to get to the place where they grasp the revelation of the intense love I have for them. My love conquers everything (1 Corinthians 13). In the book of Galatians 2:6-9, My servant Paul speaks of Peter, James and John. If anyone had a special place in My heart it was these men.

"When My Son walked on earth they were His closest friends. Later they were called the pillars of the Church. Paul was speaking about Peter, and about all the leaders of the early Church, when inspired to write, 'Whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no one.'

"I want you to tell yourself (some need to shout it, repeat it daily, and get it in their heart), 'The Bible says I am as loved and as important to God as Peter, James and John.' Never ask or think or doubt again how much I love you."

"Now, what did you say your problem was?"

Al Thomas Celebrating His Life Ministries http://www.celebratinghislife.com/

As posted on The Elijah List www.Elijahlist.com

God's love doesn't depend on what we do or what we don't do. He simply loves us regardless.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I have been struggling with depression all of my live and within the last three years I have given myself to Christ. Since then I have been healing in stages from my severe depression. My last and final stage that I am going through right now is learning to love myself. I have had many questions and doubts about God's love for me and this article just about made me weep with happiness. I am printing this off and will have it with me to remind me of God's love. Thank you so much, you have lifted my spirits and made me heal some more. God bless you.

Lynne Lee said...

Ashley, thanks so much for sharing that. You made my day!

Be blessed to be a blessing,

Lynne

PS I think you might appreciate my next free virtual seminar - The Amazing Power of Encouragement - you'll find more information here

Power of Encouragement virtual seminar