Sunday, February 18, 2007

Wait On The Lord

"Wait on the Lord, be of good courage and He will strengthen your heart"

Whatever you do, don't give up. Take your eyes off the circumstances and continue to trust in God.

I believe this word, spoken by God through Al Thomas, is very timely for many.

“YOUR RESERVATIONS ARE ALMOST READY ... "A Fresh Word by Al Thomas

I was in a restaurant, waiting for our name to be called. We had been waiting quite a while, but the restaurant was an old favorite and we took the time to fellowship. Then I saw one man become very agitated for having to wait so long. He went up to the hostess and gave his name again. She checked the reservation book, telling him he would be seated as soon as a table was available. Then the hostess called another person and they were seated. Because the man thought someone was being seated ahead of him (which wasn’t the case) the man got visibly angry, shouted something to the hostess and stormed out with his wife and children.

Five minutes later the manager of the restaurant came up to the front desk, (not knowing what had happened), looked at the reservation book and called the man’s name, saying, “YOUR RESERVATION IS READY…” But, he was gone! He had waited for over an hour for that table. All he had to do was wait five more minutes and he would have been seated - ordering his meal.

When we pray and ask God to do something, it’s like making a reservation on one of God's promises (2 Cor. 1:20) and often, there is a time of waiting …

"I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope"(Psalm 130:5)

God says:

"BE PATIENT, YOUR RESERVATION WILL BE CALLED"
"For many in the church today there is a heaviness, almost as if you are carrying an invisible weight of oppression and you can find no one to comfort you (Psalm 69:20). They have been waiting for their prayers to be answered, but with no hope on the horizon, so they have fallen into a spiritual rut of despair. Joy and laughter seems to come rarely and then easily slips away. They feel all alone (Psalm 142:4) and just to get a grip on life is difficult. Some have to press hard just to make it through the day … and then look forward to when it ends. This is My word to you: I have your reservation … so rest and wait just a little while (Psalm 37: 7-11; Matt. 11:28-30)"

God says:

“BE PREPARED, I COULD CALL YOUR NAME TODAY, SO DON'T STOP WAITING ON ME"

"So many of My people are on the verge of giving up (2 Timothy 4:10). Do not listen to the enemy; the voice speaking of defeat and failure is his, not Mine. That voice that says, ‘There is no way out’ is the devil, not Mine. My timing is always right. I am never late or too early (Romans 8:28). Keep your eyes on Me and your heart steady. Do not look back … I am not there (Luke 9:62), I am in front of you. You cannot expect to be called for a blessing if you don’t anticipate it (Heb. 11:1). If you are poor, start rejoicing as if you were a millionaire … look up, not down! If you feel discouraged, rejoice by faith (Phil. 4:4). Everyone has setbacks, but only the righteous refuse to camp in the land of defeat (Proverbs 24:16). Your time is coming; the question is: are you cultivating a sense of expectation (Luke 3:15) or gloom? Be ready in season and out of season to receive blessing. Always be ready."

God says:

"BE POSITIONED, STAND ON MY WORD ... NOT ON WHAT YOU SEE OR FEEL ... I ANSWER FAITH, NOT FEAR"

"I advise you to look for a good word, ' … a good word makes the heart glad' (Proverbs 12:25b). You find a good word in My scriptures, but also in My people. Many of you know other brethren who are positive and uplifting. Call them. Don't be a loner. My Son said, 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but by every word that comes the mouth of God.' Often My word (of encouragement) is spoken through My vessels ... your brothers and sisters. Jesus said, "My words are spirit and they are life" (John 6:63). Feeding on My Spirit by consulting with others will cause you to see your problem from a different perspective. Others have been in the same predicament you now find yourself in (2 Corinthians 1:3-4). Be positioned for My blessing and trust Me (Proverbs 13:30), not your feelings; trust My promises and you will see My hand about to move. What do you do while you are positioning yourself to receive … worry and complain? No. Walk in integrity and uprightness (Psalm 25:21) going about the business of My kingdom. Don't get frustrated and walk out now just when things are about to change. So, child of Mine, get up and start looking for someone that you can bless. In the meantime I'll be working on your problem …"

" Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart: wait, I say, on the LORD"(Ps. 27:14)

I hope you're encouraged.

You can find more from Al Thomas on his website http://www.celebratinghislife.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynne! Your blog is great! I love all that you post onit, the entries are all so encouraging. The one about "Waiting on the Lord" is a word to me in season. Its really strange cos its exactly what I needed to hear at a time when the Holy Spirit suddenly led me to your blog site! Thanks so much for the encouragement that this message has brought me. I loved the analogy of the man waiting for the reservation at the restaurant, I know that sometimes I can get impatient and Patience is something God is teaching me at the moment. Hope all is well with you. God bless, Love Jazz xx

Lynne Lee said...

Jazz,
Thanks for your encouraging comments. It really helps to know that God is using what I'm posting.
I know that people are reading the blogs and it's great to have feedback. So come on the rest of you. Let me know how God's speaking to you through the blog.
I'll be announcing a website I've been working on soon. If you'd like a sneak preview take a look at http://www.christianlifecoaching.co.uk I'd love some feedback before it goes public.

Unknown said...

Me too I have been battling the enemy for four years now one thing led into another. It's been hard but tonight something amazing happened God has led me to your blog. I really like the words of encouragement. Thank you!

Lynne Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynne Lee said...

You are very welcome. You'll find more help and encouragement here www.closerwithgod.com