Monday, October 26, 2009

Is It Time To Change Your Priorites?

The Lord has made it abundantly clear that He wants me to re-order my priorities.

I have become very busy with doing many good things, God is saying,

"Put your relationship with me first"

So, I am laying aside many of the things that have kept me busy and going back to giving the Lord first place in my life. I hope that you'll join me.

God doesn't want you to do more for Him, He wants you to spend more time with Him.

Abide in me

He says, I am the vine, and you are the branches. He who abides in Me and I in him, bears much fruit; without Me you can do nothing.

Your heavenly Father wants you to choose to be with Him more of the time. He longs for you to choose to spend more of your day with Him.

I strongly encourage you to become closely connected then stay closely connected. Remember, without God you can do nothing of any lasting value.

If you want to grow in God, then you can no longer settle for giving Him second or third or fourth place. Make friendship with God your first priority.

Are you ready to give God FIRST place in your life?

What will you do differently to make sure that God gets His rightful place?

I am going back to spending the first part of the day with God. For me, that means meditating on His word, writing down what I hear Him say, and acting on it.

What does it mean for you?





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lynne,

God's really been speaking to me about this recently. Even this morning, Jon decided to do for his devotions at Riverside about Ezekiel 47 so in my quiet time I looked at it and I could see I need to get strength from the source continually - that the river flows from the temple.

God bless you and thank you for allowing God to use you.

Lucy x

Lynne Lee said...

Lucy, I appreciate your feedback. We all need to keep on plugging into our source. It's the only way to live strong.

When we don't put our relationship with God first, everything else suffers to some measure. Many people are poverty stricken in many areas of their life because they neglect God.

Be blessed as you press into God.