Saturday, February 23, 2008

Dreams And Visions - Ram's Story Part 3

India - Dreams and Visions - I meet my wife, Kinsleigh

The Lord was telling me something. I had been doing some summer work, and a few of my friends were planning to get involved with missions work.

India?

There was a church that did a mission in India for four weeks it was called "India challenge." It lived up to its name. It was my first time doing any type of missions outside of England. I was finding it hard in my spiritual walk as I was not encountering the Lord when I would do my normal prayer routine. We landed In Bombay at 2.00am and were thrown into a busy world of thousands of people everywhere; begging for money, grabbing the luggage.

This was our welcome to India. The heat and smell was the first thing that hit all the team. We eventually arrived at the Salvation Army hostel. Our plan for the whole trip was : Sunday morning we would be doing 4 different church services as well as drama’s and worship!!

It was designed to test us to our very limit. The room I was in had over 15 bunk beds, and the room was filled with different people from all over the world. We were set up in teams of four and the teams were made up of 3 girls and 4 guys. Our motto was, "If it moves, pray for it"!

We went out and gave food out to the street people and started to travel with the people which was always interesting. On one trip I remember having to jump off a moving bus. People started to grab hold of me and would not let me off, so I jumped. I was OK but for a few scratches.

After the first week it felt like I had been there for 6 months and at the drop of a hat I could preach and pretty much do what was asked me.

Darkness in our room

India is a very strange place. Millions of idols are worshiped there. I still woke up early in the mornings and one night while I was there, I woke about 2:30am. I slept in a bottom bunk and from my bunk I faced the door, as I looked around the room I noticed that the door was open. We had made sure it was locked as we never knew who would try and come into our room, so I started to get out of bed. As I began to walk towards the door I felt a real dark presence and I started to back track as I could feel fear gripping me. I slowly got back in bed and was staring at the doorway.

Strange demon

We had all our luggage leaning against the wall, so there was a line of luggage leading all the way down to my bed. Suddenly the luggage bags began to drop! One by one like dominoes, towards me. I hid under the sheets putting on the armor and telling God I was too young to die. "Lord save me!" After what seemed like an eternity, I pulled back the covers and all the bags were thrown every where.

Somehow every one else in the room was still asleep. When the guys woke up and noticed what had happened, I recounted the story. From that time we all made sure we prayed before we went to bed.

I was told our team, would be going to one of the biggest slums in south east Asia. We arrived and were brought into a very small meeting room. It was packed with people inside and out. As we got ready to do our drama, there was a power cut and it was pitch black. We all kind of looked at each other in the dark thinking, "What now?"

Someone said these power cuts can last for days at a time! The people did not move, and we just started to pray for the lights to come back on, after praying nothing happened, so we prayed again. Then the lights flashed on and off and came back there, were a real excitement in the air.

After the message people started to pour forward, I was praying for Muslim boys a whole group of them, and as the power the Holy Spirit hit these children, they would push their friends back up and try and act like they were not being touched. We ended up leading some of these boys to the Lord. It was wonderful,

A witch

A couple of my team members called me over to pray for a lady. I asked one of the girls on the team to pray for her with me. She said, “No, I’m not praying for her, she is a witch.” I looked at the lady and asked what she wanted but she remained silent. One of the pastors there told me she was the local Hindu witch. I got myself ready and as soon as I lay my hand on her and said, "Jesus", she turned into a lunatic! She started to move forward like she was going to attack me, she was completely changed, her face changed shape right in front of me and it was no longer a normal women there. I took evasive action and I got into fighting stance, (old habits die hard) I realized who I was in Christ, and looked directly at her and said,

"You have no power over me, I bind your power in Jesus name!" As I said this, she jumped at me and then hit an invisible wall and slid to the floor. It was like someone was sitting on her. We prayed for deliverance for her but ended up just binding the demons, so the meeting would not be disturbed by her screaming. We left that slum happy and worshiped all the way back to the hostel.

I woke up early to the noise of traffic, the traffic noise was conastant and continued night and day. I lay there on my side facing the wall, I was not going to be facing the door any more! I lay there and started to complain to the Lord about the absence of His presence in my life.

I had so easily forgotten all He had done for me that day, as I was talking, well mainly grumbling, the same bright light that filled my room filled this room. I said, "OK you're God, I'm sorry you know what is best for me, "I realized He could manifest His presence at any time so I stopped feeling sorry for my self and got out of my "poor me" world after that. The India trip was awesome and we all had such a great time there.

Bible College in Scotland

When I got back to England things were really moving fast for me, Peter, a friend who I had spent the summer working with, got together with me and said Alison, His wife, wanted to pay for me to go to Bible College. It was a lot of money. I said "I don’t know" because it would have meant a year living in Scotland and away from my family.

A couple of days later I was at our family camp church event which was held each year, I met the people who ran the Bible college and it seemed like the next step for me. I got back and explained to my family I was going to a college in Scotland they were shocked, as were a lot of my friends, thinking I had joined a cult some where. Before I knew it, I was in a room in Scotland, just a week after being in the slums of India.

Scotland

It was hard to for me to adapt to my new surrounding. The course I was doing was in theological studies and involved teaching from a lot of leaders from around the world who would come and share their lives with us for a week or so. Also lots of Bible reading and work around the college. Anything from painting or chopping wood, to washing dishes and cleaning the college. My room mates were really nice. My journey in Scotland had begun.

Scotland Journey

I would be living in Scotland for the next 8 months, during that time I went through many different types of things that helped shape my character today, my time at Bible College really was the Lord's way of getting me out of my comfort zone and in a place of being open and venerable around others.

I prayed with my room mates every night. It was funny, as we would go around the room and pray for one another their requests were normally for peaceful dreams and help in certain areas but when it came to me I would say "I want dreams and visions and encounters with God." They would just laugh about it. We formed a good bond with one another and after college me and my room mate Matt began doing youth events in the south of England.

Matt was a youth pastor and he became a pastor in London, But his vision was to have young people encounter God and we did events which would last a week called "Substance of the soul. " He would preach and have others there and I mainly came and did prophetic workshops and also help others activate their gifts. Those times were always powerful.

Communicating

I also met a wonderful couple who became like spiritual parents to me; they were from White Horse, Yukon Canada. Dan and Mary Ann helped me learn things I guess you would not expect to learn at a Bible college. I was a very introverted person and I did not know how to communicate with people socially. I would be really quiet and never really know how to talk with people about feelings or anything personal. Let’s just say I was very challenged in that area. Dan would normally make me sit by him during our dinner times, so I could not escape and was forced to talk with people, My usual routine was eat quick as possible and get out.!

We would travel, a 2 hour drive into Edinbrough in the back of an old van with seats in the back. It was a rough ride there but was worth it when you got to the church. I remember meeting John Paul Jackson (a prophetic man from the States) there and I told him about some of the encounters I had in the past and some of my frustrations. He shared some insights with me that helped me come to understand that I was not crazy and also the things that had taken place were from the Lord. This was a divine appointment for me, as his teaching and ministry would really help me grow.

I finished Bible College and was now ready to go into the world, and take it for Jesus. I got back to Derby and my family were not interested in anything I had learned in Scotland and before I knew it I was back into the world of looking for work where ever it was.

Dreams
During this time I still felt like I was absent from the Lord but I had started to take note of my dreams more and was beginning to value anything that came to me now, whereas before if I had a God dream I was not too interested in it, as it was not an "encounter."

I began working with many different work agencies I would try and preach and pray for the sick at any opportunity, believing every where I went was a divine appointment. After 6 months of odd jobs all over the place I got placed in a big sterile warehouse which washed all the linen from local and nation wide hospitals.

My first job there was folding pillow cases. This lasted a few days and then I got put on a machine that pulled big sheets inside of it and dried them. It was a hard job as the sheets would fall into barrels and would be knotted up and wet and hot with steam coming off them. I was doing this for 10 hours a day. I felt I would only here for a little while, believing at any moment I was about to walk into my great destiny.

After working there for a few years, I complained constantly about how the Lord had forgotten about me and I must have missed my chance with Him, I came to a realization of the fact that Jesus had pre-ordained good works for those who trust in Him, so I was in the right place as I had not back slidden or fallen into sin.

I trusted that his hand had guided me to where I was and I began to learn to be content with my job and life at that time. I was already in my destiny and was daily walking it out. It was not something I would walk into one day, but it was what I walked in on a daily basis. This was very freeing to me. Godliness and contentment is great gain.

As I began to enjoy my mission field of the work place my joy returned and the Lord really blessed me while I was there. I worked with the company in many different departments but during my 5 years there I had many opportunities to share the Lord and saw many people healed. They used to call me to the office sometimes when people were sick. I saw people instantly healed.

My work place was very flexible with me and allowed me to travel on my holidays and take unpaid leave to go and minister, I had a very good set up.

Then, randomly I decided to change my job and began working in a different warehouse with the same company but this was a lot of forklift and stock control. People thought it was strange, my leaving to do this, as I was in a good place, working in the clean room, working the sterilizer units. I could do this job with my eyes closed, I was very comfortable there. This change of direction came in useful later. It helped me to get a job in the states and I believe it was the hand of the Lord once again directing me.

Dream and U.S

I had many dreams about doing things with certain people in the states. I had dreams of me working with John Paul Jackson, I would be part of a team and we would be giving people words and ministering to them.

I believed that one day I would be in the States and the Lord told me in a dream/vision about leaving England and coming to the U.S. He showed me areas I would be doing things in the future and also confirmed some things as well. He gave me a scripture, Gen 12, the call of Abraham to leave every thing and go to the Land he had shown me, so this is what I did.

Tim. believed that God had much great things in store for me in the area of ministry. I have always been reluctant to move into things as I have found normally the Lord would not leave me any choice but to do what He wanted. After the years of my warehouse work I had learned one lesson, to wait and trust that God is really in control, and if He said something is going to
happen then it will, as we remain walking with him.

As I said earlier, I had started to do youth events in the South of England and worked with my friend from Bible College. This went on for a few years, I had also met John Paul Jackson when he came to Derby. I got to spend some time with him and His team and asked him many questions concerning dreams and angelic encounters, He told me there was a high level gifting in me and spoke about further training.

After a year, my friends Tim and Lynne, went to the Morning Star New Year conference at the end of 1999. There they met a women called Gloria. She felt like she had seen Tim’s wife before in a vision.

John Paul Jackson

She had dreamed about Lynne's house and John Paul was there at her house. This was another divine encounter, Gloria was the dream coordinator for Streams Ministries in Atlanta. A few month's earlier in Derby, Lynne, Tim’s wife did have John Paul come by for tea as he was ministering in our church, in Derby.

A few months later, Gloria came to Derby with a team, her daughter Kinsleigh and a friend and also a guy whom had been trained by John Paul for 10 years His name was Phil Zaldattie. Phil and Gloria spoke at some events the church organized and I got the opportunity to befriend Gloria and Phil.

We did prophetic workshops from the morning to the evening on a Saturday, where we gave words to people for 15 min slots. It was a powerful time. When we had finished I got prayer from the team and Phil gave a word about further training in the States. I weighed the word and said "Thanks."

I kept in touch with Gloria and Phil for a while and thought I would travel to the States. It was a crazy trip. I had planed to travel all across the United States over a six week period, altogether it was a total of 12 flights, and on the first day I got on 3 planes (it was a long day).

My plan was to visit my friends in Canada and then fly down to California and then across to Georgia for a few days and see Gloria and her daughter, Kinsleigh. Then I was going to spend the last week and a half in New England where Phil lived. Well that was the plan. Things went well with my friends in Canada I spent a lot of time praying with people and giving words. I saw
my family in California and they were deeply religious Hindu people.

They were not to pleased with me being a Christian. I didn't go to the temple with them and refused to bow and do any of the things they were doing. I sat there and prayed in tongues for a while.

My stay at the house was unforgettable. The day I walked into the house one of my aunties was manifesting a demon, but they were gathered around her talking to it thinking it was one of their saints speaking through her!! I had just come off the plane and sat down when this was taking place. They were all pretending that nothing was going on. I knew what was happening, the
woman whom was demonized started pointing at me and doing a weird laugh, and made some fun of me. I got up and pretended I needed to go for a walk.

I was wondering what I was going to do as I was planning to be there for two weeks!!! Well I spoke with one off my cousins and said I believed in the power of the Name of Jesus to cast out demons. He looked at me and started to tell me that their cast was a pure cast, and nothing evil was happening. I disagreed with him but they all continued to pretend that nothing unusual
was happening.

After a few days I woke up in the middle of the night and had a some family members gathered around me chanting some things. I opened my eyes, and was shocked, but lay there and just prayed and tried to go back to sleep. After that I decided I wanted to stay elsewhere, so I moved to my mom’s sister’s house across the street and left them to worship the demon.

Once I left there my plan was to stay in Atlanta for 3 days and then to fly to New England but when I arrived at Gloria's house, she informed me that she had some meetings planned, there was a group of people there to minister to.

I shared my testimony and a few words. I called Phil and he told me he had to fly to California at short notice to do some classes. So I was left wondering what I should do? I ended up staying at Gloria's house for the rest of my trip and I was really stretched by the fact that so many people kept coming and wanting words from God.

I felt the Lord gave me a taste of what it is like for many prophetic people and how people see them and just want words. I went home feeling the life had been sucked out of me and I was done with the prophetic if that what it was really about. America was not for me.

I went back home and picked up where I had left off with my job, Phil would call and say come on to the States, After my experience of the last trip I was not going anywhere until I felt the green light from the Lord.

I decided, If God really opens the door then I will come. Some years went by and one day I felt it was time to go back to the States. I called Phil and told him I was going to make preparations to leave England and come over there. He was excited and began to make plans there for me to arrive. I left every thing again and made my way to the States.

As a was getting ready to leave Phil called me and told me I would be based in a church in New England called Gateway Christian fellowship. I would be an intern there. I interned there for the 8 months and was involved with many different events, mainly "The Call" which was held in Boston. During that time, Phil and I traveled and did meetings in the New Hampshire area.

After the time was up I went back home and back to my job again. I remained in England for another 4 years and during that time I leant more and more about understanding dreams and prophetic things. My own personal spiritual life was good. I was involved in a lot of ministry in the church, in prophetic teams and also involved in working in churches out side of Derby.

I was really walking more into my destiny; I had many dreams about Kinsleigh, Gloria's pretty daughter. In dreams I would get information about what I needed to pray for Kinsleigh, I would have dreams about giving her a blue diamond ring and I would have dreams about talking to her about being married. I tried my best to stop these dreams as I had decided the U.S was not for me, but I continued to pray for her. I prayed and kept myself from any relationship for 4 years.

I stopped trying to contact Kinsleigh and Gloria, and then a year and a half went by and I was praying for the Lord to show me where I should go to be a missionary.

Normally in December I would have a very clear dream about things, so I was excited and was in hope for a good dream, but the dream turned into a word for Gloria and Kinsleigh and ended with me once again dreaming about talking to Kinsleigh about getting married.

The Lord also showed me some things that I would be doing in the States. The following day I emailed Gloria out of the blue and told her about the dream and the bits that pertained to the word for her, and meeting some person in Ohio and some other things. That same day they were on their way to Ohio!! Pretty crazy! Then I ended going back to the States and saw Gloria and
Kinsleigh and the weirdness that had always been between me a Kinsleigh was gone, and it all started from there...

Courting Kinsleigh

Things changed for me very rapidly at the beginning of 2004 and I found my self moving to the States and was courting Kinsleigh. On that trip back to the States Kinsleigh had a list of confirmations she asked the Lord to give her concerning me. And one by one she got her confirmations.

We were sitting in at her house downstairs and for some reason the CD player changed
CD and it was a song she wanted to play at her wedding. One time I was leaving to go back home and Kinsleigh was still not sure about me, and she dropped me off at the airport.

I was thinking, "Hmm I wonder what’s going to happen now," As she left and I went to check in I couldn’t find my passport and tickets!! I tried to call Kinsleigh but her phone was off as she was in a meeting with the man from Ohio. I stood there at check out and it was as if I had lost everything.

I had to call my family and tell them to not pick me up from the airport . I did not tell them I
had lost everything. I thought, "The Lord is keeping me here for a reason," So I started to just stop random people and tell I them I was a minister and was there to tell them about the Lord. I told any one who would listen!!

I got a couple of the front desk people and started to give them some words of knowledge and they began sharing their dreams. I prayed for a lady, Mary, was her name, who wanted to be a missionary. They told me they would give me free tickets to get home whenever I wanted, all I needed was my passport!!

After a while Kinsleigh answered the phone and was shocked to hear I was still there. She came back and picked me up and the people at the front desk were telling me that girl who dropped you off kept your stuff because she does not want you to leave.

Kinsleigh came back and had found all my tickets and passport under the carpet in the car. I was left with a few more days in Atlanta before my flight home. On the way to Kinsleigh’s house we saw a rainbow and Kinsleigh freaked out. That was another one of her signs on her list. In those next 2 days we talked and were very open with one another.

Normally I’m a very guarded person but I was brought to the point of brokenness in that airport, so I was open and Kinsleigh fell in love with me. The last few days were God ordained and when I went back to Derby I went to see a friend of mine and he began to tell me the dream I had was a word from the Lord. He and His wife sat me down and said that they believed
that Kinsleigh was meant to be my wife and they had known for a while and had been praying for us. I nearly fell off the stool I was sitting on. God had confirmed so much to me that I was left with no doubt about all he had revealed to me...

A year later we were married and involved in a ministry which Kinsleigh had been a part of for a few years. Nehemiah ministry was founded by Mike Ellis. He had worked with John and Paula Sanford for many years, doing prophetic counseling around the U.S. He was also mentored by Randy Clark for some time. Michael is a business man and would hold schools around the world
teaching the message of inner healing and being set free from negative and limiting mindsets.

We went to a missionary school for 2 months which was held in Brazil, it was a great start for us as a married couple, we got to deal with many of our key issues We had many basic trust issues believing in our hearts that one way or another we would reject one another. With the counseling we were able to pin point the roots and deal with them and pray for one another, also it helped us bring many areas of shame and fear to the light.

We came back and started our married life, we lived in an apartment and after a year, Kinsleigh got pregnant with Isabella and after she was born we moved into our house. I had been working in a warehouse in the local area.

Phil and I kept in contact over the years He has been pioneering a work in Holland and up in Vermont and is just starting a new work in Africa. We remain good friends and I’m sure we will work together again in the future.

I have been focusing more on family life and at the end of 2007 I was in Kathie Walter's meeting, and found my self being set free from some religious mindsets which were based out of religious thinking over many years. It set me free to understand that heaven had never really closed it’s doors to me and I was not walking in the desert of the dark night of the soul. This was not the way the father taught his children.

The Holy Spirit within us is the one who will teach us all things. This was very freeing to me and I have really started afresh with my walk with the Lord. I begin 2008 with a renewed strength of faith that with God all things are possible.

My walk with the Lord has really amazed me. Before I was saved I did not think my life would count for anything, My life has been transformed by His Spirit within me changing me. There is so much that the Lord has done and allowed me to see over the years I have known Him. I have been blessed, and God has opened doors for me and blessed me with all that I have. There are many things I just cannot begin to explain.

God has lead me so far and I will remain in awe of His goodness and the grace He has shown to me and my family

In Christ, Ram Singh

You can find part 1 of Ram's story here

http://acloserwalkwithgod.blogspot.com/2008/02/god-is-at-work-rams-story-part-1.html

2 comments:

Lynne Lee said...

This is my friend Ram's story, republished here with permission

Roger Pearse said...

Thank you for posting it. It is very interesting and helpful.