Friday, February 15, 2008

God Is At Work - Ram's Story Part 1

This is Ram Singh's story. Ram is a friend of mine who now lives in Atlanta Georgia. I hope Ram's story will inspire you and encourage you to look to see God's hand at work in your everyday life.

You never know what might happen when you pray for someone. Our God is the God of the impossible...

Pray for people who are Hindu, Sikh, Muslim, New Age... and watch and see what our wonderful God will do.

I will post Ram's story in 3 parts. If you want to make sure you don't miss any, subscribe by email so that you will be notifed when the next installment is here for you to read.

God moved in Ram's life in a powerful way. He revealed Himself through supernatural encounters. Come and meet Ram...

Introduction

Ram Singh - A young Sikh meets Jesus

My name is Ram Singh. I was born in 1973, in England, in a town called Derby. I was from a Sikh Indian family. My father and mother arrived in England from the Punjab in Indian in the late 1960's.

I lived in England for most of my life but now reside in the united states (Georgia) for the last 3 years, with my wife, Kinsleigh, and little baby girl, Isabella.

I was brought up in a Sikh family with my brother and two sisters, my father died when I was two years old. This meant that my mother was thrown into a world where she did not speak English and was alone. The Muslim community embraced her and helped her find work and be able to look after us all. My childhood was mainly spent inside the house. The house was our home and playground, while my mother worked two jobs.

To be honest I never really believed too much in any thing. I thought I had my faith and that’s what I thought I would stick to for the rest of my life, born a Sikh die a Sikh. The only times we prayed were times when we either broke windows in the house or had done some sort of damage to something. These were mainly prayers to prevent our mum from killing us!!!

We did attend the temple maybe twice a year, usually for weddings. I really never did understand why we did certain things there, we would cover our heads take our shoes off and put money in front of our holy book as we bowed, the holy book would be sung to us by the priest and then we would get some food and go home.

That was my upbringing. As teenager I became very active in sports and when I started high school and became a boxer for close to 8 years, I then got involved with track and field. I guess I enjoyed most sports that involved fighting, as it seemed that’s about all me and my brother ever did. As a child I had a real anger issue and would blow up at my family all the time.

For me to consider changing faith would have meant shame on my family name and also on my mother. When I had finished school, I went on to college not really knowing what to do with myself. I enrolled in a science course, mainly because all my friends were doing business studies so I wanted to do some thing different. I was attending Wilmorton College and I found myself enrolled on a Btec science. During that time I meet a likeable guy called Chandresh, he was a student in my class.

Chandresh - A Christian???

I began to talk with him and I noticed he had the words "Jesus is Lord" printed on his folder. I was surprised to find that he was a Christian. My main area of shock was I had always thought all Christians were white people. I proceeded to ask him, "How can you be a Christian? You’re not white?" At first he laughed and told me there were many different types of people groups around the world who were Christians. I was very surprised and Chandresh did not want to tell me to much as he was a little afraid of me, and did not want to offend me

I immediately began a quest to win him back to his a Hindu roots but after a few days of talking with him and trying to convince him of the error of his ways, he became more confident about his faith, and my attempts to change him were futile. We soon became friends and he began to talk more about his friend, Jesus, and what it meant to be a Christian. I was very suspicious of course.

Dreams and visions and encounters of the heavenly kind

A week later I woke up one morning and in front of me in big letters it said, "JESUS LOVES YOU." It was just there!! I would close my eyes and see it and open them and see it this lasted for about 2 weeks. I remember when I would walk to college I would see an image of Jesus with his arms open toward me! It was pretty crazy and I told Chandresh that he had some how managed to brain wash me with his words and now I was going crazy!! But he got a big smile on his face and he got really excited. He told me this was the living God working in my life. I told him that I would never become a Christian, as it was dishonoring to my family and also I was embarrassed as I grew up in a very strong Asian community. If I became a Christian it would have caused them great shame, and embarrassment.

Weeks began to pass and Chandresh left the class, and started to pursue business studies. We remained good friends and I would meet with him and play video games. I would tell him about the encounters I was having. Images and pictures and weird things began to increase more and more. Crazy dreams, seeing things flying around while I was awake. Everything was about Jesus. Well almost! I began having dreams of dark spirits and being told to use the name of Jesus against these things and I began seeing things in the normal daytime hours.

One time I was sitting in the front room with my family and I looked outside and saw a big flaming fire ball coming towards the house. I screamed and ran outside saying, "What’s that?” My family followed me and just thought I was trying to be funny.

I continued to tell Chandresh about all that was happening and he really wanted me to come to a house church he attended. I told him that I would never attend a church meeting, ever.
But the dreams continued, and in my dreams I was taught about the power of the name of Jesus. I started to realize more and more that when you prayed to Jesus things would happen.

The test
So I decided to put Jesus to the test and said if you are really real you will have to prove yourself to me. Then I began having more and more dreams and visions about the power of the name of Jesus. In some dreams I would have to fight demons and in others I would meet angels. This continued nearly on a nightly basis for close to 4 months. By this time I had accepted the fact that Jesus would hear me when I talked with him at night. The night time became a very exciting time for me as I expected dreams of Jesus and using his name to crush and kill demons it was fun.

Chandresh was getting more and more open about his faith and even frustrated with me, but he continued to ask me to come to the house church meeting. After weeks of harassment from Chandresh I decided if I had enough time out from my training I would maybe visit so one night I was walking back from training track I made a detour. As normal I would walk home talking to the Lord but then I came across this street that Chandresh had been telling me all about, so I thought, "I might as well check it out”. I began to walk up the street, and then my mind started to fill with images. I saw Jesus on the cross and Satan was telling me it was a lie and he never really died, that I was wasting my time.

The House church encounter

I began to agree with my thoughts and I began to turn around and leave. I then stopped and just stood there in the cold snowy weather contemplating what was really going on, I think I was standing there for about 10 Minutes this was never ending.

I could not bring my self to go to the house. Feeling cold, I started to think I was stupid as I did not know why I was even there, I told myself in the Name of Jesus go to the door!! I began to approach the house and I heard singing. Once again I found myself looking at the door number, "11 Harrington street," and I could not bring myself to knock on the door. So many questions were flooding my mind. I left and began walking home, but got half way down the road and turned and once again found my self staring at the door. I was about to turn around and leave when the door opened!! There was Chandresh! Seeing me standing there he proceeded to grab hold of me and pull me into the house. He was surprised to see me and I told him what had taken place and he told me, it was the devil trying to stop me coming here but assured me I was safe now.

A while later I asked him why he came to the door that night and he said he heard a knock on the door. I never did knock!!

As we entered the room I saw it was full of people singing and praying, waving their hands in the air!! I sat there and thought I was with a bunch of crazy people!

I started to feel embarrassed for being there, and was worried that someone from the community might have seen me coming in to this house. The community I am from is like a network of spies. People who have nothing better to do, than gossip about other people's families. So if you were ever up to no good or seen with white people especially girls, some one would have seen and the word would spread like wild fire and then it would get back to the parents.

I was planning to leave as soon as I could. When the people stopped singing I was welcomed. Then the leader of the group asked why I had come tonight? I began to tell them about the dreams and visions I had been having, and also some of the experiences. They looked at me as if I was crazy; I got up to leave but, Chandresh and his friend asked if they could pray for me in the next room.

I did not know what that meant so I asked them. They said they would bless my family and stuff like that so it sounded OK to me. We went to the next room and they said they were going to put their hands on me and pray, I said "Sure" and I stood there with my eyes open looking at them thinking it was strange for a guy to have his hand on me.

As they prayed I stood there and then it felt like my legs began to get heavy. I felt something and I did not know what it was? But I began to double over and wondered what was happening to me.

I began to rationalize what was going on and I thought to myself "I am really tired from training and I need to get home." I was thinking how stupid I must look doubling over in somebody's house that I did not know. All I wanted to do was stand up and then stop them praying for me.
I began to push myself back up and then as I did my finial push to stand up straight. Suddenly a blast hit me in the back and I was thrown back on to the sofa, I heard the guys go "Wow,” and I thought to myself "What's happening"? And I lay there for a few moments thinking, "Did I just get thrown across the room?" Who did that?

Next there was a massive flash and I was taken up to heaven. It was very very bright and I a figure. I could make out a figure and knew it was Jesus and he seemed to be standing in a huge arch way with gates. I was there for a while but I was still very aware of my surrounding. I still could hear everything the guys were saying, I thought to myself "I better get up," so I opened my eyes, and felt embarrassed. They both were just standing over me and I tried to jump up but as I did, I fell back down again. Something was radiating in me and I tried again to get up and I staggered to the door telling them I was leaving.

They looked at me and said "Something has happened here, did I want to talk about it?" "Would you like to become a Christian?" Bluntly I said "No thanks".

Really God!
I wanted to get home. I staggered around like a drunk all the way to my home. I looked into the clear night sky, thinking "Why me?" I was overcome with the fact that this was God really GOD! GOD!!

I had come into a realization of who God really was - GOD! This stayed with me for some weeks. I just walked around saying "Really GOD!" My mind set of wondering why I would want to know this God, changed to "Why did he want to know me?" After all I was just a grain of dust... And HE WAS GOD!!! REALLY GOD!!!

After a few weeks of that encounter at the meeting, I was still having many different types of dreams and seeing some crazy stuff when I was awake. Chandresh was really pushing me to make a decision, but I was very happy to pray and meet with this Jesus person at night. Me and Jesus are fine but I didn’t need to let any one else know about it.

My whole prayer life changed (well I never had a prayer life ever) so I guess I had began some sort of relationship with Jesus.

Months went by and in my heart I had come to accept Christ as my Lord. As I spoke with Him every night I had some type of encounter.

The Name of Jesus has power

One night I started to have another dark type of dream these would excite me as I got to use the name of Jesus to drive demons away!! I had become very confident in the power of the name of Jesus to drive demons out I guess I had become proud of this and felt I needed no one else at all.
So I was very excited to be in another dark dream. I was walking around looking for the demon. I came to a room and saw a being of some form standing in the corner of the room. I started to do the normal routine. I commanded it in the name of Jesus to leave but it just screamed and changed shape!!

At first it changed to some type of animals and I thought, "This is weird." But I thought "Oh well" and I continued to do my thing. The demon changed shape about 6 times, then there was a man standing there, he said, "You've done them, now do me." I knew it was the devil and I was starting to get a little freaked out. I went ahead and tried to drive him out!

I was doing this for what felt like an age and all he did was stand and smile at me. It really shocked me and I awoke feeling afraid and had an urgency to become a Christian. I said to myself. "I need to get in to a church and know Jesus better."

I'm ready

That following day I went and found Chandresh and told him I was ready to accept Christ. We went to JD's house the leader of the cell church I had attended. I said the prayer and became a Christian and got baptized 2 days later. It was amazing and the feeling of being free and clean and becoming a Christian was the best choice I had ever made.

I received many prophetic words at my baptism, and some thing really stuck with me that day. Now that the curtain was torn I had direct access to God!! I started to think all the stuff that had happened to me was only the beginning, now I could enter in to the great place of friendship with God, and really hear from Him.

I had a renewed confidence and boldness to approach His throne for Christ had made away for me. I began to pray with great faith and expectancy. God was going to speak to me!

To be continued...

No comments: